Terms and Conditions:
Bookings will be considered provisional until a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the full price is received, or the full amount if booked within 6 weeks of arrival. If more than 6 weeks prior to arrival, provisional bookings will be held for one week. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email. You will then become responsible for the full price. The contract is with the person making the booking. Bookings for third parties will not be accepted without prior agreement. We reserve the right to refuse any booking if we deem it appropriate to do so.
Payment of Balance
The balance of the rent is due 6 weeks before the beginning of the holiday. Full payment is required immediately for bookings made 6 weeks or less before the beginning of the holiday.
Bookings are for the cottages as described. Bookings are from 4pm on day of arrival until 10am on day of departure. Cottages may not be occupied by more than the maximum number of people stated. Upon departure, everything must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Bed linen, towels, tea towels and reasonable use of electricity are included in the cost, and an initial supply of fuel for the wood burner (additional supplies available to purchase). Please inform us immediately of any damage, breakages or problems so that replacements and repairs can be carried out as soon as possible. All damages must be paid for.
If written notice is received of a cancellation more than 6 weeks before commencement of the holiday, you will not be liable to pay any outstanding balance. If a holiday is cancelled within 6 weeks of the beginning of the holiday, you will be liable to pay the full balance unless we are able to re-let the property. Please let us know as soon as possible of any cancellation, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Loch Seil Cottages, Duachy, Kilninver, Oban, PA34 4QU. We recommend you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
Should the cottage become unavailable to let due to circumstances beyond our control, we will refund any sums paid but you will have no claim against us.
Two well-behaved dogs are welcome in Rowan Cottage and Seil Cottage, and 3 in Barn Cottage, at an additional charge of £20 per dog per booking. Dogs are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture and may not be left unattended in the cottage. Guests are responsible for cleaning up behind their pets both inside and outside. We live in a farming community and dogs must always be kept under control, and particularly kept on a lead if walking anywhere near sheep or cattle. Please bring your own dog bed.
Loch Seil Cottages operates a No Smoking policy throughout.
Internet Usage Policy
Wi-Fi Broadband is available free of charge but is subject to the following:
- You agree to use the internet responsibly and not to access illegal or offensive websites. You undertake to us that you will behave in a lawful, honest and proper manner when accessing the services. We may terminate your use of the service at any time without notice if we become aware of any behaviour that has a negative effect on our equipment or network or the use by other guests of our equipment or network or the internet in general, or which damages or has the potential to damage our reputation.
- Parents are responsible for supervising their children's use of the internet.
- We reserve the right to monitor the performance of our network and the use of it by our guests.
- We will endeavour to provide the service uninterrupted but reserve the right to withdraw the service if necessary, and to change the log in or password as necessary.
- We will not be held liable for any loss or damage to information or equipment as a result of use of the service provided.
- You will indemnify us against all and any claims arising from any breach of this agreement by you and against any claims or legal proceedings arising from your use of the service which are brought or threatened against us by another person.
Please note that we do not have fast broadband speeds. This should however be more than enough to keep in touch with home or office via email and for regular web browsing. Heavy usage of the internet such as downloading music & films, watching catch-up TV or using Skype may cause disruption to another guest’s use of the internet.
By logging in, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions. Details of how to connect to the internet will be made available on arrival.